Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Superman's tattoo and Tig

Forgot a couple things when I sat down to blog today:

Elephant!!
A picture of Superman's actual tattoo.  The symbols around it, he already had (they stand for "father, teacher, friend")

Isn't it adorable!?!?!?!  I'm not generally a fan of pink, but for some reason, I LOVE it here.  LOVE IT!  I want one.

Also, a friend introduced us to a documentary called "Tig", which is currently playing on Netflix.  Its about the comedian Tig Notaro, and her own real-life story of breast cancer.  It might be my favorite thing I've seen all year/decade.  So basically she was diagnosed with breast cancer (immediately after going through a bunch of other hard lifey things), and she went ahead and did a scheduled comedy show shortly after.  Cancer was on her mind, obviously, so her material revolved around that.  And its the most amazing cry-laughy thing I've ever heard.  In fact, it changed her career.  That very show is released on an album called "Live" (not pronounced "Live" (as in Saturday night Live)  but "Live" (I will Live for today).   I bought the album immediately and have already listened to it twice.  

Trailer for the documentary:


1 comment: