Monday, February 15, 2016

Blog-iversary

I started this blog a year ago on Feb. 14th!  And on Feb. 15th, I adopted the elephant as my mascot.  :)

Those are some nice milestones to accompany that today was 6-month mammogram day.  All good news!  They took just one set of pictures and let me go.  "Everything is stable" and that I follow-up with my surgeon in about a month.

Woo hoo!

I have to say I was more nervous/stressed/worried about this mammogram than I thought I was.  It wasn't obvious until after it was over and I felt like I was walking on air.

It reminded me of the time when I was seven and I got my first (and only) cavity.  Oh my gosh, the horror!  Then going through the very uncomfortable and emotionally scarring treatment of filling the cavity, and returning to the dentist every time with the fear that they would find another one, even though I very diligently brushed my teeth from there on out.  

Its a silly analogy, but also appropriate, I think.
I took better care of my teeth = no more cavities.
I'm taking better care of my body = no more cancer.

Boom!

No comments:

Post a Comment