Monday, May 2, 2016

Elephants leaving the circus

I came across this funny video about the teacher's work week.  It makes you chuckle.  Its also super accurate.














Teachers bond over this mentality.  

As I watched the video, I found myself thinking:  soooooo 6.5 days out of the week, teachers are either mad or sad?  Waaaaaaaaat?    Wake up call!

But then, on the other hand, I'm thinking to myself:  adulting is hard.  Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do.

On the other other hand:   Life is too Short to be unhappy.  We should all be doing what makes us happy.

On the other other other hand:  but dreams are for young people.  Reality is for adults, especially when it comes to making money and paying the bills and supporting your family.  Grow up!

I feel immature thinking that I can just quit my job and choose whatever I want to do.

And then I heard a story on the news this morning about elephants leaving the circus.  I couldn't help, in that moment considering all my different hands, to see a metaphor in that.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-circus-elephants-idUSKCN0XR0AF

Sigh.

I have a job interview on Thursday:  one of two responses I've gotten from 15+ submitted resumes (I also received 2 rejection emails today).    If I'm offered the job, I'm prepared to take the leap and leave teaching in the name of happiness and less stress.  It'll be a huge pay cut.  But, its time to take care of me.  No more bull hooks.  Eat some high-quality hay and local produce, go on occasional walks, and possibly pull old tricks...


No comments:

Post a Comment