Thursday, October 22, 2015

DONE! but "treatment" to be continued...

Finished my last radiation today!

And the view is great from up here!!!  I get to celebrate with a day off from work tomorrow!!  Well, you didn't ask, but I'll tell you:   I'm getting my hair did, and then I'll do some yoga, and then I'll take a nap, and then I'll read a book, and then I'll......... do some other really fun stuff I haven't decided yet!  :) :) :)  (and I'll watch the royals game somewhere in there too!)

DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE!!!

I rang the bell.  It was really loud, oops!

Good quote, next to the bell. "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11"

Superman had flowers delivered to my treatment, because he is stuck at parent-teacher conferences tonight.  He is always the hit of the doctor's office!!! :)  Whatta guy! <3
And the technicians made me a "graduation certificate".  :)


Through the process of this radiation regimen, I've proven to myself that I CAN #workmyproperdutyday.  Six weeks of radiation everyday, and I didn't miss a single one.  Heck!  I wasn't even late for one (anybody who knows me realizes this is nothing short of a miracle!)  I'm fully capable of dropping my work and leaving.  Pick up where I left off tomorrow, after I've gone home and participated in gratitude, acceptance, and healing.  Do the good work on another day.  (There are still SOME things that I continue to do at home, bad teacher, bad, but its kept to a minimum...)

So I've decided to continue my "treatment".  Put down all the stressful things at 3:30 and leave.  My treatment options include:  Go do Zumba. Go walk my dog.  Go to the gym.  Do yoga.  Still thinking of that personal trainer thing.  And looking into fitbit type devices.  
One of my co-workers showed me hers today, and, yep, its pretty darn cool.  It'll motivate me to keep moving!
I committed myself to treatment of some sort for the last 8 months.  I can certainly continue my "treatment" forever.  Check.

Cheers to continued "Treatment"!

1 comment:

  1. Wahoo! Congrats! Super pretty flowers! Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete