Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday Funday

Some good friends came to town and had brunch with Chris and I today.  It was great to talk with them, and be our honest vulgar selves without any judgement.  I think our humor surrounding this issue could be quite offensive to people who don't know us!  I've gotta keep the laughter coming.  No use being sad about it, when I don't have to be, right?!

They brought gifts!  More fuel for my army.  :)


And mom and dad came by to visit today too, and brought a friend/new recruit.  :)


And I decided to cut my hair off.  I'm not ready for the shaving stage yet or anything, but I've read its easier to handle the hair loss when its shorter.  So, up and decided to go and marched into Supercuts and chopped it off!  I hated it at first, because the blow dry made it SUPER PUFFY!  Ordinary people don't understand my crazy hair and its curls.  But I restyled it when I came home and its better now.  So here are before and after pictures:

Before:



After:




With my treatment plan becoming solidified, I've been thinking about sub arrangements.  I want my students to have some sort of consistency and normalcy while I'm out.  The past 3 weeks have been really rough on them!  A co-worker (bless her!) helped me reach out to a retired KCK band teacher, and felt her out for me.  She's agreed to do it, and I'm SO HAPPY!  She will be awesome.   So, at this point, I've decided to do my treatments on Wednesdays, and stay out Thursdays for recovery.   Every other week for 8 weeks and then every week for 12 weeks.   Hopefully I will feel well enough to be back in the classroom on Fridays.  *crossing fingers*  If not, I'll stay home too on Friday and also have the weekend to get going again.

Superman is currently slaving away in the kitchen making freezer meals so we have food on hand when needed.  Lasagna, Chicken Pot Pie, Vegetable Broth, etc, etc.   For this, I'm glad.  No fancy cookery happening from my end... I don't know what I would be doing without him.   Actually, I know my family would be swooping in to help.  But Superman has got things pretty under control.  Bless him.  I am a lucky woman.

Alright.  Game on.  Port surgery tomorrow.  1st chemo on Wednesday.  Rumble.

1 comment: