Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Chemo #5 (Taxol #1)

I completed my first Taxol chemotherapy treatment today. As with most things, the thinking and the worrying beforehand was the worst part. I was anxious about the possibility of a severe allergic reaction. They pump me full of all kinds of allergy meds before they start the Taxol. It was actually the allergy med that affected me the most:  extremely heavy eyes and my brain just shut down for coherent thought for about 10 mins. After that it was better, but I had trouble walking in a straight line to the bathroom and my body was very heavy. Superman commented "are you drunk??"  Drunk on allergy medicine. 
I'm still a little nervous in this waiting game of a new set of side effects.  So far I've noticed:
1. Altered taste buds
2.  Aches
3. Continued hot flashes
4. Tired

But I already feel tons better than after the AC treatments. Fingers crossed it stays that way!!


1 comment:

  1. Another book at add to your pile is "The Invention of Wings" by Sue Monk Kidd. About some amazingly strong women. There is a wonderful scene about assigning an item a strength for extra power that made me think of you lots. You picked an elephant and she picked a button. I think you'd like the book.

    ReplyDelete