Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Chemo #6

Today went very well.

My chemo infusion went swimmingly with no complications.  I did, however, have a strange thing happen when they took my blood for labs check beforehand.  My left arm has an extremely trusty vein in it that has worked EVERY SINGLE TIME.  But not today.  It said, no thank you.  So they had to go to my right arm, which was reluctant but eventually gave us what we needed.  Very strange.  Hopefully by next week, my left arm's trusty vein will be back in business.  Everyone needs a day off, I guess!

I had a nurse today that I haven't had before and through random conversation we figured out that she knows some of my family from Abilene!  That was super fun.  :)

When we came home, I didn't take a nap today.  I wasn't sleepy.  They didn't give me the super strong and sleepy allergy medicine this time, since it was confirmed last week that I'm likely not allergic to the Taxol.  Instead, I took a plain old Allegra which is non-drowsy.

Then this evening, I got noticeably grouchy and tired around 8:30pm.  But not sleepy tired.  Just exhausted tired.  Way down at the cellular level, I'm sure.  And as a result, I cried a little bit, like a toddler, who is just plain tired and needs to cry it out.  For no reason, in particular.  I wasn't sad, or angry, or depressed.  Just needed to cry a little bit.  Sigh...

I went to bed, took some tylenol because I'm a little achy, maybe a little bit more than last week but still bearable.  I laid in bed for about 45 minutes and decided to move to the couch.  I took some of my insomnia medicine, and hopefully I'll fall asleep here in a little bit.  But I decided to update the blog in the meantime.

So, all-in-all, good day.  I'm staying home tomorrow too, to rest up for the remainder of the work week!

Acceptance, Gratitude, and Healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment