Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Amazing people

Northwest is the place to be, truly.  I have the best co-workers on the planet.

I went out to my car during my plan earlier this week and grabbed a quick power nap, because it was sunny and warm in the car.  Then I was later reprimanded because there is a couch made up for me with pillows, blankets, a heater, in a quiet place where I won't be bothered whenever I need it.  WHENEVER, even if it means dropping off my kids.

I walked into the building on Monday morning, feeling very tired and strung out from meds, and a co-worker came barreling into my room less than 5 minutes later because I had a "look" on my face.  Just checking in to make sure I was ok.

Another co-worker found me first thing one morning to give me a bracelet promoting good health for the month of March.  Its a tradition from his home country.
Wikipedia:  Tradition dictates that Martenitsi are always given as gifts, not bought for oneself. They are given to loved ones, friends, and those people to whom one feels close. Beginning on the first of March, one or more are worn pinned to clothing, or around the wrist or neck, until the wearer sees a stork or swallow returning from migration, or a blossoming tree, and then removes the Martenitsa.

Then this one just takes the cake today.  Another co-worker asked me if she could make me a prayer shawl.  Of course, I said yes.  I finished up lunch duty today and was summoned to the office and asked to wait.  Then there was a phone call and I was directed to follow.  So bossy!  I was then pulled into a circle of amazing women and they prayed for m
e and gave me the handmade prayer shawl made in one of their church groups.  The colors were personally picked to represent the elephant and to cloak me in strength and prayers whenever I need it.  It was so incredibly meaningful and I can't believe how lucky I am to be surrounded by all these wonderful people.

I just can't believe that I've been living my small tunnel vision life all this time and not making connections with these amazing humans.  Its like I was meant to be at Northwest during this time, to pull me through it.

I saw this today, and had to laugh.
I had some deep conversations with my Superman after work today, and I feel a mission coming on.   I've got some bad ass things up my sleeve.  You don't go through a time such as this and come out the other side without a renewed purpose in life.

And lastly, this article.  Attention husband: don't read this!

http://theweek.com/speedreads/450160/study-smelling-farts-may-good-health

Oh also. Said husband sent me this after reading my last post. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! You do work with amazing people! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete