Tuesday, March 24, 2015

EXCLAMATION POINTS

Just got home from the oncologist.

1.  Shingles will cause no delay in treatments.  Proceeding as scheduled!!  She also said that the shingles spot is healing fine and probably on its way out.   But to still keep an eye on it and finish the antibiotics.  The ring of red changed a little today and was more swollen than yesterday, but she was not concerned.

2.  She did an exam again and measured the tumor and noticed definitely a change in size.  She even had some trouble actually finding it!!!!!! (its softer and less pronounced) She said she originally measured it at 3 - 3.5cm and today it was measuring at 2 - 2.5 cm.  YES!!  1 cm down, 2.5 cm to go!  SO VERY PLEASED TO HEAR THIS NEWS.  I'm so relieved to know that the chemo is doing its job. :)

So, the next steps are, when I finish the A/C portion of chemo (I'm halfway done!  Only two more to go!), I will meet with my surgeon and she will do an ultrasound to make formal measurements of the tumor shrinkage.  Then I start in on Taxol for 12 weeks, which typically produces easier side effects.  I won't be needing the Neulasta shot the next day for the Taxol either.  That was unexpected and positive news.  One less appointment to worry about each week.  woohoo!!

I've been doing a happy dance since arriving home today!!  :) :)

So many exclamation points in this post!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!

!!!!!!!

:)

!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :)

2 comments:

  1. So happy for the good news!! *Dances with you*

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! That worked fast! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete